If you’re looking to create long-term brand awareness, expand your target audiences and earn more revenue, then search engine optimisation is crucial. Let’s look at key significant benefits of SEO for majority of businesses, and how you can also realise them.
What is SEO?
Search engine optimisation is the science of improving a website to increase its visibility when people search for products or services. The more visibility a website has on search engines, the more likely it is that brand captures business.
What are the benefits of SEO for business owners in Ireland?
SEO is an often neglected topic for businesses in all industries, usually the owners are simply not aware of it’s advantages. Yet, you can take a major competitive advantage over your competitors if you choose to optimise your domain. Some of the benefits include:
- By improving SEO, businesses can rank higher in search engine results pages (SERPs), which can result in more website visitors.
- SEO can help to generate leads and sales, as higher rankings can lead to more traffic and potential customers.
- With a well SEO optimised domain you are increasing brand awareness and reach, as higher rankings can make a business more visible to potential customers.
- SEO can also help to improve click-through rates (CTRs) from SERPs, as higher rankings can lead to more clicks.
- Unlike paid campaigns, SEO is a lasting effect that will not immediately cancel your invested budget once you stop a campaign, SEO brings in organic traffic that is driven through a well optimised website.
- By utilising the benefits of SEO you are taking a major advantage over your competitors who are either not optimised well, thus, not ranking high and not driving a large traffic or are spending large budgets on paid campaigns.
Where to start with SEO?
There are really only two ways to go about it, you can either do it yourself by following guides, tutorials and best practices to achieve an okay or decent result depending on your skills; Or you can ask someone for help who knows how to do it and they’re the experts in the field. (Like us at Docotrank.com 🙂
What are the basics of SEO?
There are a lot of factors that go into SEO, but the basics are:
- Making sure your website is easy to navigate and user-friendly
- Creating quality content that is keyword-rich
- Building backlinks to your website
- Optimising your website for mobile
- Making sure your website loads quickly
It is always super important to ensure that you do not write overly keyword dense content, as you can also overdo SEO and actually cause more harm than good. Also, acquiring backlinks that boost your domain authority is also important and has to be taken from high quality domains, spam pages can actually cause your page to be panelised.
On top of that, ensuring that the domain is easy to navigate not only for users, but also for the google bots, also called crawlers. As they virtually create a network of your website for Google to read and decide how friendly and trustworthy your domain is – the easier their work, the more keen Google will be to rank you higher.
Please let me know how you like this basic guide, we’d be glad to prepare more of them for you guys to learn from.
Which SEO Agency?
I’ll take this opportunity to remind you guys that we offer free Mini-SEO Audits to all enquiries who get in touch with us for the first time.
Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions or are looking for a professional SEO agency for your business.